TTRR is available (without any charge or fees) to middle schools who meet the following general guidelines. The number of schools selected each year is determined by our budget for that year:
1. All students in the school will be offered the opportunity to participate in TTRR. We serve only grades 6-8, but will occasionally make an exception for those with 5th graders in the school. Due to NCAA rules, we cannot allow our college basketball coaches to interact with 9th graders or above.
2. School leadership supports the school's participation and agrees to promote TTRR to all teachers and students. We will establish Rally Days, usually about 3 weeks apart--for schools to report results and schools must comply with those dates. We will also advise you of a final request date for Rewards--usually mid-April. Late requests may not be honored.
3. School Coordinator agrees to comply with TTRR Honor Code in reporting Reward totals. TTRR reserves the right to disallow irregular Reward requests and TTRR is the sole arbitrator of Reward grants. Based upon the results of over a million students and thousands of schools, we have developed standard reading expectations for our schools. If your results are dramatically outside those parameters, we will inquire about the results. For example, a school where every student read 25 books may be comprised of all gifted and talented students, but for all other schools we reserve the right to reject reward requests if there is not compelling evidence to explain the anomaly.
4. Students in TTRR are to be motivated with TTRR rewards for books read outside the classroom, not as part of the in-class reading assignments.
5. TTRR is not available to any school which uses a commercial reading/literacy service (example: Accelerated Reader and others.)
6. Participating schools agree to host an in-school assembly for a college basketball coach to make a motivational talk to students (when TTRR is able to arrange a mutually agree upon visit.) We are funded by the college basketball coaches--the National Association of Basketball Coaches Foundation.
7. We will attempt to obtain free tickets to a local college basketball game in your area, but cannot guarantee tickets. Almost all game tickets will be for games before January 1.